Indian Railways provides state-of-the-art services and facilities to its customers with a vision to make journey of every single passenger memorable, comfortable and hassle-free.
In order to get information about Railways Reservation Seat availability, passengers can look out for two modes to enquire about Indian Railways Seat Availability. The two modes are -
Online Mode - Through Internet - Using IRCTC or Online Authorised Agents Websites
- Passengers can check Indian Railways Reservation Seat Availability by visiting official website of Indian Railways i.e. IRCTC for booking railway ticket, checking seat availability in trains through Internet.
- If you already have an account maintained with IRCTC you just need to log in, otherwise you will be required to sign up for availing online railways reservation facilities. Accommodation availability enquiry on trains till departure can be availed by filling in some important details like -
- Train number
- Journey date
- Source station code
- Destination station code
- Seat class, and
- Quota to be availed - Various categories of quota are rendered like tatkal quota, general quota, ladies quota, defense quota, foreign tourist, duty pass quota, handicapped quota, parliament house quota, lower berth quota or Yuva quota.
- Next, for railways reservation seat availability enquiry, click on the bookmark ‘get availability’ to display accommodation available.
- Zone wise(Currently Indian Railway have 16 Zones) like Central railway, Southern Railway and Northern Railways Reservation seat availability can also be availed through online Indian Railways Seat availability facility.
Offline Mode - Not Through Internet
- To check Northern railways reservation seat availability along with any other out of 16 zones or to enquire about Indian Railways Reservation Seat Availability, passengers can opt for offline mode of enquiry as well.
- Offline modes to enquire about Railways Reservation Seat Availability are -
- Local Travel agents - Indian Railways seat availability can be made by visiting offices of travel agents which provide railway ticket booking services.
- Railway stations Ticket Booking Counter - Booking/enquiry departments at railway stations render information on indian railways reservation seat availability between stations. northern railways reservation seat availability information can also be availed in a similar way.
- Through SMS - SMS RAIL to 139 for getting information about PNR status and current train running position.
- Through IVRS - Call 24x7 free service of Indian Railways enquiry System on number 139 for information seat availability.
- Through Phone call - Call to 131 to get instant help regarding railways seat availability along with other train related information.
Services Offered by online travel portals for Indian Railways Seat Availability -
Apart from Indian Railways, several online travel portals also keep a track of railways reservation seat availability. Train Tickets can be booked through these websites as well.
- Makemytrip, Yatra, Cleartrip, Travelguru, Ezeego1 are some of the Internet online travel websites which render railway ticket booking and Indian railways seat availability enquiry services.
- For availing services, you need to maintain an account with these portals and check Indian railways reservation seat availability along with Northern railways reservation seat availability, Central railway reservation seat availability, Southern railway reservation, Western railways reservation seat availability, Eastern railways reservation seat availability from 16 Zones of Indian railway to get reservations for desired destination.
Go On Top | Navigation